150G African Biotope Stocking Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drosie141

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I have a 150g that I am looking to set up as an African Biotope. I am looking to utilize some live plants and subdued lighting. There isn't nearly as much info as there is for SA tanks. I am looking for some stocking ideas, so far I am thinking.

12-20 Congo tetras
5-6 upside down Cats
1 featherfin squeaker
1 Leopard Ctenpoma
1 Ropefish
2 Kribs
2 Butterflyfish
African brown Knife
I am also thinking about a mormyid either an elephant nose or a baby whale (not much info I could find on them)

Any conflicts or suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is barely any info or tanks featured and very little information, on fish and inhabitants as well. Almost no video of natural habitat.

My (80G) tank has 11 Congo Tetras and they are in a River style tank, not African though, because I had fish I needed to keep somewhere :) . I spent hours looking for information, didn't come up with very much.

Thread link if interested
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/autumskys-congos-lazy-river-80g-370444.html

Shellyx member here keeps EN and might offer some information which could help, you might PM and provide this link, and see if any info would help you.

It will be fun to see you make the build!

Back
Top Bottom