150watt heater in 110 litre tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamie1234

Aquarium Advice Regular
My heater is 150watts and I want to know if that's okay for my tank size? Will it keep the temp stable or overheat the water and affect the fish. The water does feel warm but I can't really be accurate just by dipping my finger in...

My heater is 150watts and I want to know if that's okay for my tank size? Will it keep the temp stable or overheat the water and affect the fish. The water does feel warm but I can't really be accurate just by dipping my finger in...

I would invest in a tank thermometer. Finger dipping is inaccurate at best. In addition, I think your heater will be OK, but a bit oversized. A rule of thumb is roughly 1 Watt per Liter.

Last edited:
The rule of thumb is 3 to 5 watts of heat per gallon of water. So for a 29 gallon (110 litres) you would need a minimum of 87 watts. You should be ok. You can use a thermometer to check and make sure.

150 is ok for 110 littres. U will be fine. Make sure to buy the automatic heater that shuts down itself when the set temp is reached. I suggest u never ever go for a non automatic heater ever. If u forget it on or someone accidentally put it on for long it can overheat the water. Buy the one which switch off and switch on itself to the temp u set.

150 is ok for 110 littres. U will be fine. Make sure to buy the automatic heater that shuts down itself when the set temp is reached. I suggest u never ever go for a non automatic heater ever. If u forget it on or someone accidentally put it on for long it can overheat the water. Buy the one which switch off and switch on itself to the temp u set.

Image1489318513.695233.jpg this is it

Back
Top Bottom