15g slate bottom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choonchiesback

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just brought a 15gallon slate bottom this morning at a swap meet. What should I stock it with? Only paid $20 for it. Awesome deal and holds water!!! Guy used it as a Cory breeder tank. Planted tank? I also got a trio of montezuma sword tails.

Fish less. I prefer to do fish less. I know it takes longer, but I hate to run the risk of losing a fish. Guess I have attachment issues lol. Think a pair of Kribs would be ok in a 15g? I know someone selling a pair of albino kribs.

Kribs I think get around 4 inches so in a 15 gal, you could probly have a couple, but I don't really know. There are many many varieties of small tetras and other fish that are awesome tho.

Hmmmm. Maybe a dozen neons or green neons or black stripes.

I just picked up some pool filter sand. I will leak test the tank tomorrow and hopefully be able to set it up. I have extra ecoxotic panorama stripe I can use for lighting, so all I need if a filter and heater.

Just inspected the talk a bit more looks like I'm going to have to reseal it. Bummed out about it. But need to be done. Just ordered the black silicone so it should be here in a few days. Guess this is going to be a bigger build than I thought.

:0|

Shouldn't take too long :) will be worth it. Nice little tank at a bargain price. Like the slate idea too.

I know but I'm like one of those antsy kids that's wants it done already LOL.

Any input in filters?? I was thinking one of those little canisters for like 30 gallons.

Yeah nothing to drastic for a 15g decided on stock?

Leaning towards the albino kribs. But not 100% yet. I'm open to suggestions. I am going with a sand bottom some driftwood and a few low light plants. Maybe vals, java fern, java moss, wendti. Open to suggestions on that too.

Aponogeton crispus is a great plant but it gets pretty tall. But its Soo easy to grow.
(i probly spelled that name wrong though)

Ahhh yes and I can get a dozen bulbs at Walmart for like $3 in this little beta packets!! Good idea! And they have those cool antenna flowers! High five!

Sounds good! I personally prefer regular kribs to their albino cousins but that's personal preference
You might even be able to squeeze a pair of rams in there on their own. A nice piece of bogwood with moss would look great

resealed the tank last night. will water test tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_6464.jpg
    IMG_6464.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6469.jpg
    IMG_6469.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6472.jpg
    IMG_6472.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom