16 gal bow front tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandygvns

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had it for 6 months it's cycled and working fine just wanted to know if I could fit anymore fish in there:
2 guramis
2 albino tetras
2 cory catfish
was leaning towards getting two more tetras and either a couple of snails or a pleco (to clean up algea)

Let me know and thanks

I would get about 4 more corys. Plecos dont eat that much algae. If you have algae after 6 months you are overfeeding or getting too much direct sunlight.

I would get about 4 more corys. Plecos dont eat that much algae. If you have algae after 6 months you are overfeeding or getting too much direct sunlight.
I agree. Corys are a shoaling fish and like to be in groups of 4-6 or more. I also agree that if youre having an algae problem, you are probably either feeding them too much, too often, or are leaving the lights on too much. Feed once every two days just as much as they will eat in 3 minutes... Dont turn the lights on more than a couple hours day at most, unless you have live plants. Fish dont need light to grow, the only point of having lights on a tank without plants is to see the fish.

Okay thanks for the advice, I'll get some more corys!! I do feed them twice a day but both in small quantities and then I leave a sinking pellet overnight for my corys...but I'll cut back on that!
Thanks again!

Oh one more question, does it matter what kind of cory because I have one albino and one spotted...

Back
Top Bottom