160 litre/ 42 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Topazmonkey422

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have currently got 3 community aquariums and would like some ideas for something a little bigger I could keep in a 160 litre/ 42 gallon I’m looking for a big ish fish or pair of fish idm any ideas will be appreciated thank you

What if you were to get some procambarus clarkii, or the common crayfish that is sold on aquatic arts dot com. The freshwater crayfish comes in a motley of colors and will make for an interesting pet that will fill you with entertainment for hours on end! Procambarus alleni or the electric blue crayfish is also fun and an exiting color. I always thought clarkii was the more hardy of the two varieties. I have two ghost crayfish which is a rare color morph of the procambarus clarkii species that is blue-ish purple with red and white color formations. These are interesting little critters for your home aquarium and in a 42-gallon aquarium you could just have a few, maybe three with plenty of hiding spaces. Good luck choosing the right fish for the job! :popcorn:

They are really fun pets and will capture the food /pellets and if you have a nice DW for it to perch on it will come out to say hi in exchange for a treat. Fast swimming fish which like to stay in the top half - top 1/3 of the tank are best.

Back
Top Bottom