16g Tank Re-Do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane l

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I have been planing to redo my 16 gallon tank for a while now.
Reasons.

1. My plants are dieing off due to lack of light I only have 1, 15 watt fluorescent tube pink. It's 3 months old.

2. The tank looks dark

3. I am not pleased with the layout at all

What I want to get is either 2 x 15 watt tubes full spectrum or 2 x 20 watt full spectrum

And then buy 4 or 6 new plants?
Will the tubes packages say full spectrum or what must I look for?

Tank
16 gal long
50 watt heater
Marina slim filter s20

I have aquion twin T5 light fixture. It came with one 6700k bulb and one 10000k bulb. These Are a full spectrum if you will bulbs. My plants didn't start growing until I added this. The first pic is before the second pic is now. 1.5 months. Needs a cleaning lol.

Ok so I have been planing to redo my 16 gallon tank for a while now.
Reasons.

1. My plants are dieing off due to lack of light I only have 1, 15 watt fluorescent tube pink. It's 3 months old.

2. The tank looks dark

3. I am not pleased with the layout at all

What I want to get is either 2 x 15 watt tubes full spectrum or 2 x 20 watt full spectrum

And then buy 4 or 6 new plants?
Will the tubes packages say full spectrum or what must I look for?

Tank
16 gal long
50 watt heater
Marina slim filter s20

Avoid lights that say Actinic (thats for saltwater) or 50/50.
You want ones that mention Daylight or Plants. Usually around 6,500K for at least one bulb. You can get other Kelvin ratings, but that one works well and looks nice.

T5NO bulbs would work well. T8s can work, but are older type. You could also switch to CFLs if you want to add more light or swap fixtures.

They only have fluorescent tubes I will look for the ones that say plant and the ones that say daylight.

The pink 15 watt I have now says plant growth

Can I mix have 1 daylight and one plant growth or should I have 2 of the same

They only have fluorescent tubes I will look for the ones that say plant and the ones that say daylight.

The pink 15 watt I have now says plant growth

Can I mix have 1 daylight and one plant growth or should I have 2 of the same

I like 6,500K , but you can add a second of a different spectrum if you want. The other poster mentioned his were mixed. Kelvin is how red or blue the light is, not how many watts.

Back
Top Bottom