Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

17 Gallon tank water has gone cloudy from a 2 year old putting food in

On Wednesday - so 6 days ago, possibly Thursday a 2 year old put a bit of potato, pea and like a tiny bit of dark like beef gravy into the tank to "feed the fishes", luckily the potato stayed whole and I netted it out right away and the 2 peas I just left since I know fish can eat peas anyway.

The water was fine the next day, I took the shell of the peas out in a net but the water looked the same, next day I think it was ok again maybe Saturday also still fine, Sunday it was cloudy though and yesterday it was still cloudy so I did a like 90% water change, I left only about 3 inches and filled it back up with fresh water and prime. It was a little cloudy again but it usually would be after that big a water change, when I got up today I expected it to be fine but it is still cloudy?

It has 5 Platy fry(2 months old), 9 neon tetras and 4 Albino Corys which are all fine and behaving normal and have been over the whole time.

Just wondering what could be happening and if it happened to anyone before?

Old 10-01-2020, 06:56 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Everything okay now?

You have a very kind and empathetic two-year-old. Making sure the fish got some gravy was an especially thoughtful touch.

You did the right thing with a water change. I think you will be fine--just monitor the tank and keep doing water changes. You can always change extra if you want. Temporary cloudiness is not necessarily a problem, unless a particularly bad bacteria bloom is interfering with oxygen levels. You could add an airstone. Feed lightly for awhile. As long as your fish seem fine, I wouldn't worry.
fearlessfisch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ate, cloud, cloudy, food, gallon, loud, tan, tank, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com