180, Fancy Gold Fish & ......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TrueEnvy

Aquarium Advice Freak
IMG_2060.jpg
Ok so I'm filling this with fancy gold fish and wanted to know what other fish I can add with them. I'll have live plants as well but I know gold fish are prone to destroying everything.

Soooo nice to see a great size tank for Goldie's. Some swords and put root tabs in the sand to feed them.

Good Goldies tank-mates

I'm not sure how I ended up with this combination, and I'm sure that there are lots of reasons this is all wrong But...I have Angel Fish in my tank with my Goldfish. Everyone gets along, water temp isn't a problem, and I think they look great together. Have fun!

Attachments

• 15041929598232028997678.jpg
    15041929598232028997678.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 59
Most goldfish tanks are kept at room temp, so check out subtropical fish too. You want something that can handle those temps, won't pick on the goldfish and won't be eaten by the goldfish once they're bigger. What kind of fancies are you thinking about?

I'm not sure how I ended up with this combination, and I'm sure that there are lots of reasons this is all wrong But...I have Angel Fish in my tank with my Goldfish. Everyone gets along, water temp isn't a problem, and I think they look great together. Have fun!
But.. uh correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that goldfish are Coldwater fish and angels were tropical, so it would not be OK to put them together as one of them would not be at the right temperature? Am I wrong? I'm just a beginner so I'm not very sure of this...

But.. uh correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that goldfish are Coldwater fish and angels were tropical, so it would not be OK to put them together as one of them would not be at the right temperature? Am I wrong? I'm just a beginner so I'm not very sure of this...

Well they can be obviously, but angel fish do like the heat on the high end of tropical so that's why I personally wouldn't mix. But temperament wise I can only see issues if the angels spawn

TrueEnvy, research Odessa Barbs. I've kept them, they are pretty and prefer room temps. A school of 8-12 would look good. They are constantly on the move. Looking forward to your updates.

Back
Top Bottom