180 stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys I have a 180 gal tank that I just bought I was going to do a reef tank but iv changed the plans now. What I'd really like is oscars I want to get a breeding pair I was just wondering could I have any other fish with them?

Other South American cichlids. Bolivian or German Blue rams would look nice on the bottom.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398179004.404792.jpg these are Bolivian rams. (Bottom dwellers)

Most certainly can't have rams with oscars..

Other large South American cichlids yes but I probably wouldn't with a breeding pair.

could do an arowana, but with with 2 oscars it would be overstocked. Thing is oscars that mate will probably become very territorial but if you wanna try something best thing would be other south american cichlids of near the same size, blood parrots perhaps? not sure if greens terror or jack dempseys would work, ive seen silver dollars and catfish but most catfish grow very big. Just some options but im not a south american cichlid expert like others on the forum

lol yeah a 180 reef would be really nice but it a lot of work and money that goes into it

Bribo I'm doing a 100 gal reef I can't drill the 180 it's glass is to old haha I would love an arrowana but for a 3inch fish they cost $200+ :/ then I'd need a bigger tank to house it because of there size as adults it wouldn't be fair on the fish.
Would 2 oscars and a common Pleco be alright?

Back
Top Bottom