2 10g tanks, need options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smomus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a divided 10g that on each side had 2 aquatic frogs and 1 betta (total 4 frogs, 2 betta in tank). One of my betta died sadly, so I pulled the divider out. I'm debating what I should do with it now. Should I get another betta and divide it again? I was thinking maybe a female? Do betta pair up? Or do they care? Should I get something else? What other fish would be compatible with frogs and a betta?
Another option I was thinking of... I have another 10g that has 1 platy and 3 mystery snails. I could put the snails in my main tank, the platy in with my frogs and betta then get a puffer or 2. I've wanted one since I saw the green spotted puffers! But would the platy be compatible with the frogs and betta? The betta is very docile. He was in a community tank and had to be removed because he was severely fin nipped.
I don't wasn't any nano fish like neon tetras. I want to stick with fish that are betta/platy size. Anyway, what does everyone think?
Thanks for your input!

I think your stocking is good just the way it is now. If not a nano fish, then its going to be tough squeezing in a similar sized fish. Definitely not any puffers are compatible.

Dwarf puffers are your only option for a 10g.

Thanks for the reply Terrance. I actually re-divided the tank and bought a really pretty female betta. My daughter named her Phoebe (get it fe-be, FEmale BEtta haha). She is being acclimated now. I'll post a pic once she has settled in the tank :) hope she will be happy in her new home!

Here she is! Colored up so pretty once she was in her own 5 gallons. My male could see her through the divider and went crazy for a few minutes. It was great haha! She has a good appetite and ate while still in her cup from the store. She us currently flaring at her reflection in the glass..

ForumRunner_20120528_000935.jpg

ForumRunner_20120528_001049.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120528_000927.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120528_000927.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 73
U said u used the glass dividers? Have u had any problems with them ? I considered doing that for my betta i thought it would b easier then havin several tanks smaller then i prefer..i wanted to get a 20g n give 10g on each side..would luv some more info on this

Here are some pics..
Shot of the whole tank

ForumRunner_20120614_002618.jpg

Closer up, female on the left, male on the right

ForumRunner_20120614_002651.jpg

And a shot of one of the frogs...just cuz its a good shot haha

ForumRunner_20120614_002702.jpg

Back
Top Bottom