2 clown loches h8 each other :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imrandome1

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so i got 3 clown loches about 3 weeks ago and all was fine, but when ever if feed them, after al the food has gone 2 of them really go out to get each other, the black parts of the body go grey, and it looks like the try and bite each other, the 3rd just stay's out of the way, is this normal??

That never really happened with mine, but I have heard it is very common. It is likely they are just establishing dominance. Once they establish their little heirarchy and decide which is the dominant loach, things will likely settle down, from what I understand.

hope so, i turned off the lights and they have calmed down a little, so i guess again time will tell....

i have 4 in my tank, and there is a definite pecking order. clowns do like to be in groups. they just need to establish their hierarchy. mine still spar with each other on occasion, but not seriously. the funny thing to watch is my CAE and the biggest clown loach go at it--they get into these huge shoving matches that are quite amusing. again, no one gets hurt. your guys should calm down once the hierarchy is established.

I have a pair and they are best friends. Maybe the odd number is the problem. Yours sound like my barbs. They change color when the fight. Fish are funny. I'm not sure if you have the room, but another one may help IMO.

Back
Top Bottom