2 guppys in 2.5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex ski

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just gave my brother and law my old 2.5 gallon tank for a house warming gif he stocked it with 3 guppys (one died already) and one of the females was prigers and the other female died (one male 2 females) was it the priegnent guppy that killed the non priegnent one or was it just the tank size?

I think it was tank size. Guppies are active fish. With a small tank, a low tech planted shrimp tank would work and be interesting. IMO, I wouldn't keep fish in nothing less than a 5 gallon.

I wouldn't do guppies, I would do a betta and shrimp instead. There's really no fish happy in this small of a tank but the betta would be happiest in my point of view. Or you could make it a shrimp or planted tank.

I wouldn't do guppies, I would do a betta and shrimp instead. There's really no fish happy in this small of a tank but the betta would be happiest in my point of view. Or you could make it a shrimp or planted tank.

Not trying to sound mean. But even a betta would be cramped. It's public misconception that bettas will and do fine in small tanks. They are, if given the space, very active and inquisitive fish. If you still want guppies, is it possible to at least get a 5 gallon?

Yah I was looking at one on eBay and it looks pretty Logitech I just have to wait like one more week to order it. It will be cool to see his reaction while he sees the larger tank would it be sub stainable until then?????????? I hope so

Back
Top Bottom