2 Male & 2 Female Swordtails, considering moving a male.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Minawri

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!
I have a 20 gallon with two male swordtails and two female swordtails. I know you're supposed to keep more females than males, but a friend needed to get rid of them due to a leaking tank and I took the males in. They grew up in my tank and they were fine. Now as mature males one has become the dominant and chases the other male into a back corner. He doesn't hurt him, and he's got no scale/fin damage, but he is always in the corner behind some plants unless it is feeding time. Should I move the other male? I have another twenty gallon tank with two goldfish and I was thinking of moving the submissive male there. Will he be lonely?

Edit: The 20g with swordtails is kept between 76-78 degrees. The 20g with the goldfish is kept at 70-72 degrees.

Welcome to AA!

Since the dominant male is being aggressive, I would recommend either providing more hiding spots so lines of site will be cut off or putting the male in the goldfish tank (the goldfish tank should due for a little while).

Back
Top Bottom