2 of my cherry barbs died this week, any ideas why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxp123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 0 ammo, nit, and nat. I do one 50% water change a week. I feed my fish twice a day (they eat it all within five minutes so I'm not overfeeding them). I have no really aggressive fish. Any ideas?

If everything checks out it could have just been the weaker ones in the tank...fish do die of natural causes too which some people tend to forget lol but to get to the bottom of it you would need to provide more information like age of tank how long you've had the fish any changes in behaviour or anything else of that nature

Maxp123 said:
I have 0 ammo, nit, and nat. I do one 50% water change a week. I feed my fish twice a day (they eat it all within five minutes so I'm not overfeeding them). I have no really aggressive fish. Any ideas?

You have all 0 on your Params? A cycled tank would have some nitrates I believe.

Is your tank cycled? What test are you using? Strips or a kit?

Feeding twice a day is considered a lot, most people feed once a day and have a fasting day too.

Myself? I feed 4 times a week, every other day is a fasting day.

What did the fish look like when you found em?

They were decomposing. I use the api master test kit. My tank i s cycled but i have so many plants (without getting crowded) that nothing reaches a high amount. I've had the tank for maybe 5 months, and the cherries for four. I have a lot in my tank so i want to make sure that one of them isnt starving

Maxp123 said:
They were decomposing. I use the api master test kit. My tank i s cycled but i have so many plants (without getting crowded) that nothing reaches a high amount. I've had the tank for maybe 5 months, and the cherries for four. I have a lot in my tank so i want to make sure that one of them isnt starving

Hmm if they looked like they were decomping then there should've been a spike in something.

What size tank do you have?

Have you checked if the kit is in date?

Trivial questions I know, sorry :/

Back
Top Bottom