2 pleco in one tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian7

Aquarium Advice Regular
I already have them, 1 clown pleco and 1 bristlenose. I was just checking that these two would be ok. I have a 55 gallon with plants, two types of wood, and a couple places to hide.

We got the clown because my girlfriend liked him, he doesnt seem to come out too much, kinda boring. The bristlenose is all over the place all day.

i do weekly water changes and have a hob with two filters.

The clown is exhibiting typical clown pleco behavior. They are very reclusive.

I think you're fine with these two in your tank. The clown will get to be about 4 inches, the BN about 6. You may want to wait for advice from others who actually have both species though. ;)

What else do you have in the tank for fish?

Your good with that! Not a big deal... Just keep up with water changes..

Yeah, you should be fine. I have kept bnp with other pleco species and never had an issue. It helps to put in 2 algae wafers (or whatever you are feeding them) at opposite ends of the tank just to make sure that your fishies get enought to eat.

No worries about fighting between the pleco's, but the clown does need wood in the tank, will die w/out it in the diet. The BN should be fed veggies at least once weekly, I use canned green beans for mine.

Back
Top Bottom