2 question about Filter (washing and placing the tube)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sf1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

I have 2 question about the filter:

1. Where exactly bacteria live? Can I clean everything (poly foam pad, filter floss) except biomedia with the tap water?

2. How deep I need to place the tube that suck the water? In the middle, below or above the middle?

Thanks

Hi,

I have 2 question about the filter:

1. Where exactly bacteria live? Can I clean everything (poly foam pad, filter floss) except biomedia with the tap water?

2. How deep I need to place the tube that suck the water? In the middle, below or above the middle?

Thanks

1. The bacteria live everywhere in the filter.
What I do when I clean my filters is I get a bucket of water, dechlorinate it, and then just wash everything in the bucket

2. My Hang on back filter tube is 3/4 of the way in the water, as long as the filter is working it doesn't really matter how far the tube is in the water.

HOPE I HELPED!!

O,
And make sure that the filter and nothing in it dries
Cause your bacteria will die.

Make sure you can find and remove your HOB propeller, and keep it clean. Mine gets noisey if I don't

Make sure you can find and remove your HOB propeller, and keep it clean. Mine gets noisey if I don't

Great advice! I noticed mine was putting water back I in a little slow I cleaned it and the flow is great again

Back
Top Bottom