2 question in 1 lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moobs99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi

1st question

Right iv just about to upgrade my 100lt tank to a 180lt tank and was wondering if I tank everything out the old one filter aswell and put it in the new one but with 100% new water will it be ok to put my fish back into it right away?

2 question

Iv got a ehime 2 external filter on the 100lt tank but want to use it on the 180lt tank would the filter be ok in a bigger tank ?

Thanks

Yes. Adding everything from the old to the new should instantly cycle the tank. Keep an eye on parameters just in case. Make sure to acclimate your fish to the new water. How many litres per hour does the filter do? And what's your stock?

The filter is fine. Leave everything in it. It's the eheim 2 professional??? It's for 98g tank. Your 180lt = 40 gallons. In theory, new water will be fine as long as it has declorinates. Chlorine is the killer of BB. You should use the current tank water...

Ok cool that makes life a hell of a lot easier lol

Currently in the 100lt are 2 adult angel fish & 5 baby angels

I would like to add some corys would that be ok do you think ?

Yes I believe it is the ehime II pro, i will be leaving al the media and pads in it on the change over

Just an FYI, Angels will out grow that tank. They get HUGE. Cory's w/ Loaches are ok just be careful with the competition for food. You can target feed and "separate" the tank. Loaches like to hang out together so drop food in front of them
Cory's will forage around looking for food so drop the food in the opposite end of the tank and make the Cory's go over there ....
I have 15 Cory's in my 40 gallon With 20 Chela Danios A male Betta 2 USD catfish and BN Pleco

Yeah got a nice 6ft waiting for them once they get abit bigger :) they got bullied in it before some put then in the 100lt till they got abit bigger

Back
Top Bottom