2 questions what fish is this and what dot is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafish333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
image-939224235.jpg

1st question is what are these fish ? I keep for getting what they are called and also

image-3737401691.jpg

My betta has a white dot on his head and it looks like this I'm only new at fish and things but I don't belive it's ich

Green tiger barbs. Can't say what the white fit is ... Ick would have more white spots, like salt grains.

Are the tanks new? Are they cycled? Have you checked the betta's tank for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? It could be a burn from ammonia, etc or maybe he tried to jump out and hit his head on the lid? If it's an injury, it should heal on its own if you keep the water very clean (frequent water changes) and make sure you keep ammonia, etc levels very low if the tank is still cycling. If the injury gets worse or starts turning red it could be infected so you would probably need meds for that. Here are some links for you:

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice
Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

+1 to librarygirl.

Also looking at your pix it seems like those fish are in the same tank?? The gravel color and decor look the same. If so I'd strongly suggest rethinking that.

Tiger barbs are horrible fin nippers, they are actually pretty nasty little guys in community tanks more often than not and I can't possibly see keeping them with a betta ending well.

librarygirl said:
Are the tanks new? Are they cycled? Have you checked the betta's tank for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? It could be a burn from ammonia, etc or maybe he tried to jump out and hit his head on the lid? If it's an injury, it should heal on its own if you keep the water very clean (frequent water changes) and make sure you keep ammonia, etc levels very low if the tank is still cycling. If the injury gets worse or starts turning red it could be infected so you would probably need meds for that. Here are some links for you:

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice
Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

It has had a full cycle but I will test for those things thank you :)

tamtam said:
+1 to librarygirl.

Also looking at your pix it seems like those fish are in the same tank?? The gravel color and decor look the same. If so I'd strongly suggest rethinking that.

Tiger barbs are horrible fin nippers, they are actually pretty nasty little guys in community tanks more often than not and I can't possibly see keeping them with a betta ending well.

The betta is getting along with them fine the swim together but a lot of the time they just don't go near each other havnt had any problems with those to recently got 2 bubble Molly's and the betta isn't really liking one of them so I'm not to sure what to do the lady at the shop said they would be fine but I'm finding a lot of Internet sites saying other wise so I'm keeping a close eye if it gets worse I will move the Molly

FishFanatic88 said:
That is about a 10 Gallon US. You may have problems with the betta, mollies and TB in the very near future being how small the tank is.

I have a few hideing spots in the tank

Back
Top Bottom