2 week old tank few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tvp125

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is my first step into the aquarium world and I have a few questions.. I bought the API freshwater master test kit I tested my water yesterday and it read.

PH 7.6
Ammonia 4.0
nitrite 0.25
nitrate 5.0

I did a 10% water change and did the test today and I got the same numbers. I am not sure what these numbers mean and help would be greatly appreciated. The tank is 20 Gallons and is filtered by a penguin bio-wheel 150 with 2 filters And heated to about 76 degrees with a tetra heater.

Thanks for the quick reply there is one fish in the tank he has been in there for about a week now and he seems fine. I am going to bump up my water changes to the suggested 40%.

Thanks for the quick reply there is one fish in the tank he has been in there for about a week now and he seems fine. I am going to bump up my water changes to the suggested 40%.

I would bump that to 50-60% daily until the ammonia comes down to a safer level and continue that regime when the nitrites spike too.

Back
Top Bottom