20 gal long stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cilantro

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I have set up my 20gal again and was starting to stock up so at the moment I have 4 endlers guppies and 2 cherry barbs and I want to add another 4 cherry barbs and add some more endlers guppies to start a little colony going I will also be adding cherry shrimp so what do you think

That sounds great I just make sure to have a 1 male to 2 female ratio for the endlers

I would plant at least one area heavily or your Barbs may eat your Shrimp. I would get the Shrimp breeding before you add too many Barbs. They may be fine but my Cherry Barbs are pretty big.

Ok I am trying java moss for the first time so I'll see how it goes with that and if it doesn't work out will do lots of fake plants

Cilantro said:
Ok I am trying java moss for the first time so I'll see how it goes with that and if it doesn't work out will do lots of fake plants

Try some Java Ferns also. They grow pretty fast. My Ludwigia repens is crazy. I trim it weekly LOL

I will look into those also did see them when I went to the fish store today so there is no doubt they have them I'm not so good with live plants but like I said it worth a try

So today went to the store and saw some badis and really liked them so my question will they fit with current stock if yes how many? So far I have 2 pygmy corys 2 endlers livebearer 2cherry barbs and 4 cherry shrimp all schooling fish will be in schools of 5 as soon as I get some more money

Cilantro said:
So today went to the store and saw some badis and really liked them so my question will they fit with current stock if yes how many? So far I have 2 pygmy corys 2 endlers livebearer 2cherry barbs and 4 cherry shrimp all schooling fish will be in schools of 5 as soon as I get some more money

What exact kind of Badis ???
There are at least 3 species that have Badis in the name.

Scarlet Badis are too tiny to be with Cherry Barbs IMO.

This is what they look like

Attachments

• 2012-04-11 19.39.39.jpg
    2012-04-11 19.39.39.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 2012-04-11 19.40.03.jpg
    2012-04-11 19.40.03.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2012-04-11 19.40.07.jpg
    2012-04-11 19.40.07.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 20
Back