20 gal stock help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katrinag

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I have finally cycled my tank. I have some room to add more fish and I am would like some ideas.

I currently have 5 neon tetras, 1 honey guarami, 2 mm platys and 2 ADF.

What else should I add?

Hi I have finally cycled my tank. I have some room to add more fish and I am would like some ideas.

I currently have 5 neon tetras, 1 honey guarami, 2 mm platys and 2 ADF.

What else should I add?

To be honest you are already pushing the stocking limits of your tank. If you absolutely positively have to add something, maybe get 1-2 more neons. But nothing more - what kind of filtration do you have on this setup?

You could do a small shoal of cories for the bottom, for example like 5 panda cories. But you're pretty closed to stocked as it is.

To be honest you are already pushing the stocking limits of your tank. If you absolutely positively have to add something, maybe get 1-2 more neons. But nothing more - what kind of filtration do you have on this setup?

Ok. I have a marineland Biowheel 150. Would another filter help?

That is very good filtration, no need for more. Maybe add a few more tetras and something for the bottom like corys.

Ok thank you. I am not familiar with the cory. How big do they get? How many and what kind would you recommend?

Pandas stay reasonably small as most will not get bigger than 2"-2.5". Pygmy cories would be another good option, as those stay even smaller (although those tend to shoal more in the middle strata of the tank). If you decide on getting a cory type just be careful because some get a little bigger (bronze, albino, sterbai, etc) and would push your bioload a little too much.

Pandas stay reasonably small as most will not get bigger than 2"-2.5". Pygmy cories would be another good option, as those stay even smaller (although those tend to shoal more in the middle strata of the tank). If you decide on getting a cory type just be careful because some get a little bigger (bronze, albino, sterbai, etc) and would push your bioload a little too much.

Ok thank you. I will see what my LFS has. I plan to get a much bigger tank down the road. I want to make sure I know more before I go there.

Back
Top Bottom