20 gallon bolivian ram setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silthrim

Aquarium Advice Regular
What do you guys think I could/should add?

It's a 20 gallon high with an AquaClear 50.

I currently have in this tank:
- 2 Bolivian Rams
- 1 Dwarf Gourami
- 5 Neon Tetras

Preferably something different from my other tank:
- 1 Angelfish
- 4 Red Wag Platys
- 4 Zebra Danios
- 1 Panda Cory
- 1 Male Betta
- 1 Mystery Snail

Oh wow, I don't know much about those fish but they are wild looking. Kuhlis loaches are like eels. How many do you think I should add if I went with loaches? The other problem is I'm not sure where to buy those. I don't know if Petsmart (big chain) sells them. I don't really have any LFS around.

Yeah I understand. I definitely wasn't planning to add anything serious because I don't really have much, if any room left. According to AqAdvisor I'm currently at 69% (adult).

So some more neons or a couple of loaches? Got a couple ideas :p

I would suggest 5 more neons and 6-10 khulli loaches. I have some khuli's in my tank and they are such cool fish, they play around a lot. They will crawl over eachother, through plants, and make mad dashes around the tank for no reason.

I'm not sure if I should add that many more. That would put me at 106% (AqAdvisor). Maybe I should just get 5 more neons.

If you have good filteration and do your water changes, then i dont think you would have a problem. The neons and khulis don't produce much waste.

Ok :) I'll definitely look into it. The only problem is I don't know where I could buy Kuhli Loaches locally.

I think your stocking is ok now. considering the rams. wouldnt add anymore to the tank other than a small cleaning crew. a betta wouldnt like being with the dwarf gourami. the panda cory would like 6 more buddies like him and the bolivian rams (if a pair) will eventually want more room for themselves and probably wouldnt click with the angel fish.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that second list are the fish I already have in my other tank. I was just saying I should get something different than them.

:) no worries

If it was me i would stray away from the neons personally. I think they are a really obvious choice, i would go maybe more for Herqulian Rosboras or maybe penguin tetras, a group of 8 would look really nice in a tank with a pair of Rams.
As for some bottom dwellers, yo yo loaches would get too large and like more swimming room than what a 20 can provide, i think the kuhli loaches would be okay as long as you have atleast 4 of them.
If you cant find them locally cory cats are another great option to add to your tank a nice group of 4 corys is always a nice addition

I ordered my khuli loaches off aquabid and during the shipping only one died and the rest are all living happily.

Back
Top Bottom