20 gallon centerpiece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platybreeder26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a twenty gallon with 7 guppies ( 3 male, 4 female) and i was looking for a centerpiece fish that is peaceful for my tank...... I was thinking a gourami until i read online that they can be aggressive towards male guppies... Does anyone know what i can use as a centerpiece that is good for a beginner? The guppies are the only thing in the tank besides a snail.. Eugene, (the snail) doesnt do much.. LOL :lol: i dont know what these wierd green things are but they are cool lol :bb::bb::bb::bb::bb::bb::bb::bb::bb::bb:

I have a twenty gallon with 7 guppies ( 3 male, 4 female) and i was looking for a centerpiece fish that is peaceful for my tank...... I was thinking a gourami until i read online that they can be aggressive towards male guppies... Does anyone know what i can use as a centerpiece that is good for a beginner? The guppies are the only thing in the tank besides a snail.. Eugene, (the snail) doesnt do much.. LOL :lol: i dont know what these wierd green things are but they are cool lol :bb::bb::bb::bb::bb::bb::bb::bb::bb::bb:

Replied to your other post but a powder blue dwarf Guarami are much more peaceful than other varieties.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I understand and support the gourami ideas presented but how about a pair of Bolivian rams, if you are up for the challenge maybe some German blue rams, I would avoid their electric blue counterparts.

I understand and support the gourami ideas presented but how about a pair of Bolivian rams, if you are up for the challenge maybe some German blue rams, I would avoid their electric blue counterparts.

+1 Love these fish lots of personality in a little package!

A 20 high may be a bit small for a pair of Bolivian Rams. A 20 long might work.

Apisto cacatouides or GBRs would be better for a tank that size, IMO. They're less aggressive than breeding Bolivians.

Following.
A pair of honey gourami would be perfect. They are very peaceful and hardy imo.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom