20 gallon community stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I have decided on what to keep:
• 10 zebra danios
• 6 otos
• 6 spotted blue eyes

Aqadvisor says that it is slightly above maximum stocking level, but there is definitely enough filtration and I do plenty of PWCs. Should it be alright?

All are really small and slim, you could maybe add 4 Pygmy cories to do some food scrap cleanup.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Do you want the Otos for algae reasons? Or just cuz you like Otos? I only ask because they won't clear all the algae in the tank, they feed more on the biofilm

Sent via echolocation

Do you want the Otos for algae reasons? Or just cuz you like Otos? I only ask because they won't clear all the algae in the tank, they feed more on the biofilm

Sent via echolocation

I just want them because I like them. The tank is pretty clean and I have three nerites.

Thank you to everyone who contributed ideas. Even though I didn't decide to get many of them, they still helped a lot.

Argh! I'm being indecisive again! As I look at the empty tank, I'm starting to think of other ideas, my favorite so far being multiple species of micro fish. I'm still staying with the idea of Pseudomugil gertrudae and otos, but now there is the possibility of getting galaxy rasboras, ember tetras, peacock gudgeons, and so many others to choose from! What are your favorite micro fish, and which ones would be compatible in this tank? And how many?

My favs are Pseudomugil gertrudae, P. cyanodorsalis, ember tetras, andromeda danios (galaxy rasboras), sparkling gouramis, licorice gouramis, green neons, and RCS. Any of these would be good. For the blue-eyes if you get any I would say about 10 could go in there, they are small but super active. Maybe 8 sparkling gouramis? 14 of the CPDs, green neons, and ember tetras. Not all of those at once though, it would be overcrowded but not quite (biologically) overstocked.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Back
Top Bottom