20 Gallon Hex Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fiji007

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Everyone!​
So I came across a deal for a 20 gallon hex tank and I'm brainstorming on what to put in it. Due to the smaller foot-print and height-over-length it kinda limits my options already. I was also looking into invertebrates and I think I'd defiantly be interested in having a yellow panther crab or an electric blue crayfish(I've heard can be aggressive); but I would also want fish to go along with it. Again due to the height of the tank I am probably looking at "taller" fish, maybe an angelfish or two, a single blood parrot, or a single fancy fantail goldfish. It might also save me the trouble to have an algae eater of some sort (BN pleco, otos, snails,etc.) even though it adds to the bioload. I'm running a fluval 206, heater, an airstone, maybe some live plants. Any suggestions are welcomed! Thanks!:snipersmile:

HI, I would not have Angels 007, tank is too small, tall plants and rock with small fish would be good, shoaling fish like neon tetra, Danios, guppie's, corries for ground dwellers, etc.......

20g is too small for a parrot, angel, or goldfish IMO.
Hex tanks are tough. I tried to spread out the fish in mine so I have marbled hatchets, tetras, and some type of bottom dwellers.

Back
Top Bottom