20 Gallon Long Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Makaveli

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm putting together a 20 gallon long glofish aquarium and am using aqadvisor for stocking. I'm running an aquaclear 70 (300 gph) filter for it. I was thinking of going for about 6-8 danios and 6-8 tetras..but according to aqadvisor it says I'd be safe with 8 danios, 8 tetras, AND 6 cory's. Here's the image.
AquStockImage.php

It shows my filtration is still at about 190%. Does this sound right to you guys? Just looking for some opinions before I decide on what to get. The 8/8/6 setup would be awesome if it really is possible. Any input is greatly appreciated!
:thanks:

I'm putting together a 20 gallon long glofish aquarium and am using aqadvisor for stocking. I'm running an aquaclear 70 (300 gph) filter for it. I was thinking of going for about 6-8 danios and 6-8 tetras..but according to aqadvisor it says I'd be safe with 8 danios, 8 tetras, AND 6 cory's. It shows my filtration is still at about 175%. Does this sound right to you guys? Just looking for some opinions before I decide on what to get. The 8/8/6 setup would be awesome if it really is possible. Any input is greatly appreciated!
:thanks:

I don't know what size loxozonus get to, but an AC70 is a *lot* of filtration on a 20-long. I suspect you'll discover you have to turn the flow down to keep the fish from being blown around. But, yeah, with that filter, I bet you could handle 8/8/6 with no problem.

I was a little unsure with the cory options given on aqadvisor, but the cory's I'd be getting would definitely be the smaller ones like the panda's/peppered. Thanks for the input (y)

Updated original post with panda cory's. Looks even better now as far as stocking/filtration % goes. Panda's are very likely what I'd go with.

Back
Top Bottom