20 gallon stocking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leaf fish! They sell them at petsmart and they eat minnows, also they don't get too big.
I think its either the same thing or very similar to the fish that emerald mention.

My bro had one in a 20 gal, 1 should be fine but make sure it has a lot of plants to hide in

I'm not sure about Ph and temp but make sure he has a part of the tank with plants for the leaf fish to hide in.

Leaf fish (two varieties, African and south American) are NOT the same thing as a leopard ctenomopa!!! The African leaf fish is polycentropsis abbreviata, the south American leaf fish is monocirrhus polyacanthus, and the leopard ctenopoma is ctenopoma acutirostre.

These fish, while occupying similar niches in their natural habitat, are not related.

Freakgecko91 said:
Leaf fish (two varieties, African and south American) are NOT the same thing as a leopard ctenomopa!!! The African leaf fish is polycentropsis abbreviata, the south American leaf fish is monocirrhus polyacanthus, and the leopard ctenopoma is ctenopoma acutirostre.

These fish, while occupying similar niches in their natural habitat, are not related.

Which one does petsmart sell?

I have no clue? Every petsmart is different, and I have plenty of Lfs to go to, so I avoid that place like the plague

Haha your lucky. My favorite one just closed and i rarely go to petsmart. I checked, and its the african leaf fish. How big do they get? Are there ones smaller

IMHO opinion, any leaf fish would be a bad idea. They can be quite difficult and EXTREMELY shy. Not to mention that they are not safe with any fish smaller than theirselves. Just got that from some quick reading...research is the key to stocking any tank ;)

Freakgecko91 said:
IMHO opinion, any leaf fish would be a bad idea. They can be quite difficult and EXTREMELY shy. Not to mention that they are not safe with any fish smaller than theirselves. Just got that from some quick reading...research is the key to stocking any tank ;)

Well hes looking for something that will kill. He wants a nasty fish. I think its the best for him now. And nah no puffers he said. Lol

Yeah my bros leaf fish would eat rosy red minnows from petsmart and it stayed at about 3 inches.

Yeah it should be fine alone in a 20 gal with good filtration most of the ones you buy at the store are almost full grown

Back
Top Bottom