20g betta tank What would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
My last betta died from something while I was out of town so I went and picked up a new one today. I added some more sand because tannins were leaking from my dirted substrate which is why the tank is a little cloudy atm.

I'll put 50 or 60 neocardinia heteropoda shrimp in with him as soon as I have some free time. I was happy to see he wasn't interested in mauling my shrimp like the other betta was.

But, the purpose of this post is that I'm feeling a little uninspired with this tank and was wondering what you guys would put in it if you were in my position.

Its a 20g high tank. It has medium to high light and a dirted substrate. Pps pro dosing and high levels of glut.

I was thinking of either doing wild guppies or neon tetras. But even then I'm not sure that's what I want to do. So feel free to throw some ideas at me :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417963662308.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417963662308.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 97
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417963685614.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417963685614.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 96
Cardinal tetras plants everywhere black substrate

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Are you keeping the betta in there too? If you are a huge no on guppies. They see the tail on them and will attack thinking it is another betta.

For tank mates with a betta you want to go short finned and fast

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cardinal tetras plants everywhere black substrate

I'm happy with my PFS substrate atm. Can't find a black sand that I like :(

The plants are growing in atm, it'll take a bit. My plants are looking a little sad right now and need to recover.

Are you keeping the betta in there too? If you are a huge no on guppies. They see the tail on them and will attack thinking it is another betta.

For tank mates with a betta you want to go short finned and fast

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am working on breeding a strain of guppies from wild type guppies so I have a bunch of them atm. They look more like this

wgup4.jpg

The cardinals would be nice though.

That sound nice! My plants look terrible right now idk why but I'm not much of a plant dude as far as taking care of them goes. Here's a picture

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417978782.362294.jpg looks pretty depressing

That sound nice! My plants look terrible right now idk why but I'm not much of a plant dude as far as taking care of them goes. Here's a picture

View attachment 257710 looks pretty depressing

2 words... Root tabs

Take a look here :)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/mebbids-diy-root-tabs-308735.html

I'm going to do a carpet of Star Repens for sure. I am also going to wrap my driftwood in christmas moss. Other plants in there atm are various crypts, Amazon swords, Water sprite, and ludwigia repens. My big amazon sword spawned about 20 runners so I have more amazon swords than I know what to do with atm.

Back
Top Bottom