20g stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Looking at my 20 it seems really empty and bland what is a relatively large colorful fish I could add. 6 Cory cats 2 otos 3 danios adding 2 more later 1 dojo ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430655244.332840.jpg

Keep calm and drum on

Otos are schooling fish. They should be in a group of at least 6.

6 cories
6 otos
5 (zebra?) danios
1 dojo loach
seems pretty stocked.

What's the temperature at? All of these are somewhat cool water fish.

69-70 I had 10 danios but most died randomly so I'm holding off on a big school for now
2 zebra 1 leopard danio

Keep calm and drum on

I would add some more decor, thats a big cause of what is making the tank look empty... because it is :)

A larger piece of mopani would be nice along with some taller stem plants.

Firstly though, i would paint the back of the tank black or use a black background. That will work wonders with improving the appearance of your tank.

Alright. I also think it has to do with lack of color in the fish. All my other tanks have brightly colored bettas or guppies and this one has all gray and brown. Do danios have other bright colored species?

Keep calm and drum on

You could try some White Cloud Mountain minnows, they're a cold water fish. There are other possible Danio suggestions but the tank would need to be somewhat more heavily planted.

Nice red live plants would look great too

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I currently have red ludwigua but it's not growing very fast. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430754090.787608.jpg
I'm getting a real co2 generator next week instead of my diy one I've been using and hopefully that helps. It does have root taps along with all the other plants I have in there

Keep calm and drum on

I currently have red ludwigua but it's not growing very fast. View attachment 271615
I'm getting a real co2 generator next week instead of my diy one I've been using and hopefully that helps. It does have root taps along with all the other plants I have in there

Keep calm and drum on
Is that a grandulosa or a repens?

Using the air stones along with any form of co2 is counter productive. The air bubbles will off gas the co2 rather quickly.

Is that a grandulosa or a repens?

Using the air stones along with any form of co2 is counter productive. The air bubbles will off gas the co2 rather quickly.

+1 use air stones to diffuse the leftover co2 when lights are off or else it's just being counterproductive.

Caleb

Alright. I also think it has to do with lack of color in the fish. All my other tanks have brightly colored bettas or guppies and this one has all gray and brown. Do danios have other bright colored species?

Keep calm and drum on

Glowlight danios are very cool and bright.

I added a background and it looks a little less empty now. Waiting for plants and other decor of interest to show up at my lfs ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430864103.388304.jpg

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom