20g stock help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Currently have a 20g high with a medium amount of plants

Stock list
1 dwarf gourami
5 black neon tetras
5 harlequin rasboras
5 red cherry shrimp

Currently all my residents are mid/top dwellers accept my cherry shrimp and they are mostly hiding. Looking for something to populate the lower portion of my tank. Do like Cory's but that is out cause I have gravel. Any suggestions?

Currently have a 20g high with a medium amount of plants

Stock list
1 dwarf gourami
5 black neon tetras
5 harlequin rasboras
5 red cherry shrimp

Currently all my residents are mid/top dwellers accept my cherry shrimp and they are mostly hiding. Looking for something to populate the lower portion of my tank. Do like Cory's but that is out cause I have gravel. Any suggestions?

I have a Cory and I have a gravel bottom and he is doing fine

Don't think the gravel is particularly sharp. Do I Have enough room for 4 Cory's or will I be overstocked

how often you do gravel vac? corydoras will need clean gravel, because they sift through it a lot. sand is much easier imo i have sand in 7 of my tanks and gravel in just one

If I ever get a new tank will def be sand. Is every other week enough gravel vacuuming. Would I be Able to maintain a rcs colony with Cory's. have some java moss in case I get baby shrimp. Lol really liking my shrimp.

If I ever get a new tank will def be sand. Is every other week enough gravel vacuuming. Would I be Able to maintain a rcs colony with Cory's. have some java moss in case I get baby shrimp. Lol really liking my shrimp.

any of your fish will eat your shrimp eggs, why not set up a 10 g shrimp tank? then you can keep adding them to your display when they are mature enough

any of your fish will eat your shrimp eggs, why not set up a 10 g shrimp tank? then you can keep adding them to your display when they are mature enough

When I upgrade tanks my ten gallon will become a shrimp tank with a betta or something. Will the betta eat the shrimp?

Not ready for a new tank. Read that if enough cover in tank a few shrimp might survive each Litter not looking for a ton of them or selling. Just want a healthy colony.

Any other suggestions besides Cory's for the lower portion of my tank?

Not ready for a new tank. Read that if enough cover in tank a few shrimp might survive each Litter not looking for a ton of them or selling. Just want a healthy colony.

Any other suggestions besides Cory's for the lower portion of my tank?

I have neon tetras they always stay low in my tank also have adfs

Sigh two of my five cherry shrimp already are dead. One active one. Other two no where to be found.

The DG is likely going after them. Lots of plants/moss can certainly help but they might not even come out if they feel threatened.

Not the DGs fault. Haven't gotten him yet. Gonna be the last fish I buy for the tank. Don't think it is copper in my water cause snails are thriving. Zero ammonia and nitrites. Nitrates around 20. Ph around 7.4. Current fish ignoring the shrimp.

Ah cool. I would just say it's them adjusting as it's not uncommon for RCS to die when they enter a new tank. If possible I'd try starting with a bit more if you want a colony, maybe like 10-15. The DG though... He may pick them off when the time comes. Sorry to be redundant on that.

Might have too give up on the cherry shrimp. Only store near me that carries sells for 4$ each. Of the five I bought. Only see one of them. Shame cause I do like them also.

Yeah, best in a species tank or with nano fish. You can find great prices for them online, often around $1 per shrimp and $6-$7 for shipping.

Any recommendations for online buying. Yet to buy any fish online

I'd check AA's classified section first as there are always people selling RCS. Aquabid, eBay, and other forums such as ThePlantedTank are other great options too. Really hopes if you have a PayPal account too.

Back
Top Bottom