23 gallon stocking advice please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tank now has 7 diamond tetras and 6 panda corries just added today. The Diamonds were added in two groups of four. One ended up being an extreme bully so I had to get him out of there.

I'll be letting things settle for a while, but I'm still deciding how to finish the stocking.

After seeing what a nightmare it was to get a fish out of there I'm reluctant to take chances with any fish that might not be compatable.

So, considering upping the diamonds, and maybe also the pandas, and adding my pleco and maybe shrimp and leaving it at that.

I still love the cardinals but I'm wondering if the colors would clash and also if the diamonds would be too rambunctious for them.

I would also be open to a trio of fish, as mentioned earlier, if compatibility was all but a sure thing.

Fish can be a pain to catch, no doubt! Get a big net and leave it in the tank for an hour, and then come back and use just your hands to chase the fish into the net. It won't be scared of it if you've left it in there for a while.

Pearl Gourami, a pair. Not a trio, the stronger 2 will bulky the other. Golden Womder Kili, the are nice. Not too big, not mean IME, and very easy to catch. I could pick mine up in my hand.

Cardinals might not work well with Diamonds!

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

I'd personally go with a trio of peacock gudgeons. I keep mine with forktail rainbows and green neons without issue. Nice colors and I like the fact that they're mid to bottom dwellers.

Back
Top Bottom