25 Gallon Platy Tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As of right now my 25 gallon tank has 3 platy's (1 male and 2 female) and 2 peppered cory's. My first question is, can platy's share a tank with guppies? If so, how many of each can I get away with in my 25 gallon? If they cant go together, do you think 10 to 15 platy's is too much for my tank? I know both guppies and platy's breed like crazy and that is what I am hoping for.

They can be kept together. They are both dirty fish but guppies are dirtier. 10 platies would be fine. As for gppy platy mix I guess 5 of each?

They can be kept together. They are both dirty fish but guppies are dirtier. 10 platies would be fine. As for gppy platy mix I guess 5 of each?

Only 5 of each in a 25 gallon? That seems awful low. I have a good filter on the tank and it is vacuumed weekly so I dont think waste would be an issue.

You know what Im sorry I didnt think that through. What kind of filter and do you have live plants?

You know what Im sorry I didnt think that through. What kind of filter and do you have live plants?

No live plants. Filter is a Tetra Whisper EX45 240gph, rated for a 40 gallon tank.

Not to bad on filtration. Live plants would help. Maybe 15 total between the 2.

I was thinking around 9 platy's and 6 guppies so I can keep an even 1:2 male to female ratio on both :)

Back
Top Bottom