25 gallon setup what to do!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm picking up a 25 gallon tank for 80 bucks off of kijiji for my father in law who is recovering from 3rd degree burns from a bonfire explosion. He loves my fish tank and this is my gift to him. I am thinking of doing sand or gravel, with some fake plants and other decor. I'm really reaching out for ideas here as my mind is all over the place. I'm gonna have corys for sure, I want something colorful, but something easy to maintain for him when I'm unavailable since he's gonna be dependent on me for maintenance and travel. Thanks in advance for all ideas.

That's very nice if you!

I'm thinking tranquil. :) Slower moving fish, nothing fast/zippy like danios. Nice large bits of wood, sand, dark background, anubias tied to the wood (not plastic but still low maintenance:)), fish like neons and rummies in large schools swimming through the plants.

I was thinking rummy's, cardinals, Pygmy cories. And a centerpiece. What should I do as a centerpiece? Gourami? Angel? I've never done live plants as I'm waiting for my lfs to harvest their java moss and I'm waiting for my frogbit to arrive. I'm thinking maybe some duckweed also.

Sorry about his accident.
I actually think i could help with this. If you want a low maintenance tank then here are some ideas. Get the sand and cories then pick a nice mid to top level swimmer (Im not sure what he is interested in but neons, platies, glofish, or a few other tetras would be great for this setup). Dont overstock but dont understock to severely either. Put some pothos vine roots in the tank with the leaves hanging out and if you dont mind floating plants then duckweed or (Ive heard water lettuce). The plants will suck up nutrients and the fish will provide them. You can go for weeks (if done really really well months) without water changes this way. All he would have to do is feed and top off!

^^^ yes floating plants will help out heaps especially if you can't get there to change the water all the time.
Depending on the light you could have java ferns and swords. All you'd have to do is stick some root tabs under the swords every couple of months.

Tank might be a bit small for an angel. A smaller gourami would work.

Rummynoses, corys, Praecox or cardinals, driftwood, duckweed, sand, night time motif background, java moss, and maybe a red flame DG( if that exists ) I'll google it lol

Chronos313 said:
Rummynoses, corys, Praecox or cardinals, driftwood, duckweed, sand, night time motif background, java moss, and maybe a red flame DG( if that exists ) I'll google it lol

Praecox rainbows? Might be a bit active for a 25g.

True that, I'm just thinking of what stock my lfs has, that ain't nippy. What else can go in a 25 gal?

You should get a colored bubble maker (red) and/or red gravel to represent fire. Just a laugh; sorry about the accident.

Back
Top Bottom