25 gallon suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

codygregg

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 25 gallon currently in cycling. I'm still trying to figure out what fish to put in it. Any suggestions? I would really like to put a rainbow shark in, but i'm open to everything. Btw, it's a planted tank.

I also have a planted 25 gallon tank :)

There's lots of options that will work in this size, but a rainbow shark will not fit, sadly. They really need at least 55 gallons.
In my 25, I have:
2 German Blue Rams
5 Cory Cats
5 Gold Barbs
5 Neon/Gold Tetras
5 Blushing Pritella Tetras
2 Platy's

I love all of my fish :) It really depends on if you want easy or hard fish, peaceful or agressive, schooling or non-schooling, etc.

My favorite so far are platys! Although I have only had 3 different types of fish, so I haven't seen much else but my platys are very peaceful and fun to watch. I have a sunburst wag, mickey mouse, and golden twin bar. All very pretty!

That stinks. I really like the rainbow sharks. I would like a schooling fish like some barbs or platys. I like the Cory cats. I'm really looking for a fun fish that most people don't have, but I'm limited with my tank size.

I don't believe platys are schooling fish, just a community fish. But they are good. I have guppies too, who are really fun and come in a lot of different colors! I have one with an cheetah print type tail. I use a website called AqAdvisor which you can enter your tank, filter, and planned fish and it can tell you how stocked your tank is, that can be helpful for you too.

Back
Top Bottom