27 gal marineland 20x18x18 tank small crack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevinhtre

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've got a 27 gallon marineland 20x18x18 tank that I've had for about 6 months. I have an external canister filter, custom acrylic top, etc etc.

Anyway I've noticed a small crack developing about 1.5 inches near a corner, and fear this tank that I got at a local store on display will soon grow or leak or whatever and will be in need of a replacement.

What are the best cube options? For location in my house I'd like something no wider than 24 inches, and of course the stand I have is exactly 20x18, but if I have to get a new stand so be it.

I'd consider an acrylic tank. You can get them in most any size or configuration. Lighter in weight, clearer than glass, and will never crack. Downside, they are much more expensive than glass. But well worth it, in my opinion.

thanks so much. what's the premier place to get a good quality acrylic tank, in that case? i don't mind added expense to not have to worry about cracks and match the size!

I'd consider an acrylic tank. You can get them in most any size or configuration. Lighter in weight, clearer than glass, and will never crack. Downside, they are much more expensive than glass. But well worth it, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom