29 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swifty

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about upgrading my 20g long to a 29g because of petco's sale. I'm choosing a 29g because of the similar footprints, and because I have a heater rated for 30g, 2 Aquaclear 50s, 30" dual T5 lamp, and a 20g/29g/37g rated stand so everything I have now would be a smooth transition. Just have to repaint the new tank and transfer gravel/water. I am also choosing 29g because my landlord doesn't want big tanks in the house (said 20 gallons max), so I figure a 29 will be the highest I can stretch the limit.

I currently have 1 3"-ish male firemouth, and 8 1.5-2" black skirt tetras. Tank has been setup since January 2013 and I've had to remove a convict/festivum/BNP because they weren't compatible tankmates (too aggressive/territorial or not enough).

In another thread I was told a 40 breeder would be the smallest tank to go to breed firemouths, however I am not looking to breed, just for a companion for my firemouth.

My questions:
-Can the female be done with him in the 29?
-If I choose the 29, if not the female fm, will that lead me to any new fish options or increasing school size?
-If the female/other fish/school increase can't be done would I be ok to just leave everything as is?

Back
Top Bottom