29 gallon community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celticfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I have a 29 gallon tank had it for a while and with 1 female guppy, 2 platy(1 male 1 female), 4 cherry barb, 2 cory and 1 scissortail rasbora. I am thinking of adding 1 more cory, 2 more guppys, 2 more platys and 3 more cherry barbs. Do you think that would be ok?

Any other fish you would recommend instead?

I know the scissortail rasbora should be in a big group but I dont want to add more, he is the one remaining out of 4 I originally got about 4 years ago :(

Hi, I have a 29 gallon tank had it for a while and with 1 female guppy, 2 platy(1 male 1 female), 4 cherry barb, 2 cory and 1 scissortail rasbora. I am thinking of adding 1 more cory, 2 more guppys, 2 more platys and 3 more cherry barbs. Do you think that would be ok?

Any other fish you would recommend instead?

I know the scissortail rasbora should be in a big group but I dont want to add more, he is the one remaining out of 4 I originally got about 4 years ago :(

Just make sure you have female Cherry Barbs and not all males. 2 males and 4 females would work. My males GLOWED when they were happy and in breeding condition and my females looked really good also. Females are bronze with red on the fins.

I would skip the Platies unless you just add one female. They make more.

I'd add 3 more Cories of the same species, but I love them in groups. Much more active and playfull.

I would rehome the Scissortail they need longer tanks with room to swim.

You could add Neons or Lemon Tetras or Harlequin Rasboras. Mine did great with my Cherry Barbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom