29 gallon final stock list!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flvol77... where in SFL approx? Me too. I feel like SFL is TEAMING w/ aquarium stores!! I have the most fantastic one so close to my house, I am blessed. I also have a WONDERFUL
Petco lady whose extremely knowledgeable AND a Pet Supermarket guy who definitely knows his stuff. The mom & pop place is out of this world. I had to replace a pump on my SW, they even put it together w/ the perfect tubing cut to length, no charge--that kinda thing, they just want you to have a great experience.

As for backgrounds... I swear by spraying w/ cooking spray & smoothing it w/ a credit card or something. It's so worth the effort!

I am in West Palm Beach area (actually north palm beach) Petsmart is on Northlake and Petco is in Wellington. Though I got three sick Boesemani Rainbows there and one died :(

A buddy told me about allpets emporium....they are the ones that fish tank kings built a HUGE tank in the middle of their store and they put a black tip shark in. I am not sure but I think they built a tank for more than one of their stores.

There's a "Tanked" tank (from the show) in SFL at Dunkin Donuts. I think I need to make a pilgrimage this summer!! Ha ha... I gotta tell ya, I have no IRL fish friends besides the LFS people I've bonded with. This forum is it!! This chat tonight was great. I look forward to seeing more from y'all. I'll post pics of the Tanked tank when I make it there ;)

Its 10 minutes from my house, its west of 95 off the blue heron exit. I posted some pics of the tank in a thread on here. The design is amazing, but it stops at that, I don't like the way their fake corals look at all. The sprinkles look bad IMO.

If I can find the link I will post it. Otherwise I still have the photos in my photobucket and will post them again.

Yup! With stock & all. Protein skimmer, power heads, sump, stand, live rock & sand--a 3 stripe damsel, scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp, sea cucumber, several hermit crabs & snails! All's I had to do was buy some bins for water & live rock, they gave me their water jugs... probably moved 80%+ of the water. The pump quit when I set it back up, all's I had to buy was a pump. I paid the people $100 for the WHOLE set up. Couldn't get thriftier than that!!!

I think the pump just got jarred too much in the move & was probably about to go anyway. I got shocked just touching the sump when I didn't hear the pump run. ACK!! Lesson learned there!

Wow! Only $100!!! That is a crazy cheap price! Even the sump itself is more expensive than $100. Lol. You even got the livestock and everything........ :whistle:

Its 10 minutes from my house, its west of 95 off the blue heron exit. I posted some pics of the tank in a thread on here. The design is amazing, but it stops at that, I don't like the way their fake corals look at all. The sprinkles look bad IMO.

If I can find the link I will post it. Otherwise I still have the photos in my photobucket and will post them again.

Try Aquatics n Exotic in Stuart, call first before you head up to make sure they've got what you need. They have Channel Cats, Panda Cories--All kinds of neat fish you don't see in big box stores. I've gotten fish from big box stores, I sometimes have 1 fish from the batch pass away in the first month but they replace it. I haven't had any outbreaks w/ the other fish/cross contamination. After I started my first tank, I started a QT tank so that could've prevented some probs, IDK. I don't have a salt QT tank so I plan to do freshwater dips to hopefully prevent probs. I also don't plan to go real expensive w/ anything at first & just have a FOWLR tank for now.

I've never heard of or seen Fish Tank Kings or All Pets Emporium--I'll check it out. I really love sharks. I looked up your pics of the DD tank & yeah, that's disappointing. I didn't see the episode so I had no clue. That is extremely disappointing. I've seen enough. There's a store in Lake Worth that I haven't been to yet that I think is probably pretty awesome from what I've heard but I need to be the judge, I plan to check it out this summer.

Try Aquatics n Exotic in Stuart, call first before you head up to make sure they've got what you need. They have Channel Cats, Panda Cories--All kinds of neat fish you don't see in big box stores. I've gotten fish from big box stores, I sometimes have 1 fish from the batch pass away in the first month but they replace it. I haven't had any outbreaks w/ the other fish/cross contamination. After I started my first tank, I started a QT tank so that could've prevented some probs, IDK. I don't have a salt QT tank so I plan to do freshwater dips to hopefully prevent probs. I also don't plan to go real expensive w/ anything at first & just have a FOWLR tank for now.

I've never heard of or seen Fish Tank Kings or All Pets Emporium--I'll check it out. I really love sharks. I looked up your pics of the DD tank & yeah, that's disappointing. I didn't see the episode so I had no clue. That is extremely disappointing. I've seen enough. There's a store in Lake Worth that I haven't been to yet that I think is probably pretty awesome from what I've heard but I need to be the judge, I plan to check it out this summer.

Florida must have A LOT of fish stores. It seems there are like at least 10-15 within a few miles of your area. Lol. I wish I could go there. :)

Florida must have A LOT of fish stores. It seems there are like at least 10-15 within a few miles of your area. Lol. I wish I could go there. :)

Tons, and the big box stores HAVE to keep up so their inventory is usually very good.

We have a Petco in Wellington, Fl about 20 mins from my house that has a huge salt water section and they special order all kinds of exotic fish.

Tons, and the big box stores HAVE to keep up so their inventory is usually very good.

We have a Petco in Wellington, Fl about 20 mins from my house that has a huge salt water section and they special order all kinds of exotic fish.

Sounds like an aquarists dream!!!!

Quick question! How did you put your background on your tank???

Make sure the back of your tank is VERY clean & I swear by spraying the bkgrnd w/ cooking spray & smoothing it w/ a credit card or something. It's so worth the effort! Getting the bubbles out takes quite a bit time. I even let it settle a bit, come back days later & keep smoothing. B/c sometimes there's a lil kink or wrinkle here & there from handling the background sheet. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom