Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 06-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
29 gallon final stock list!

My final stock list for my now cycled 29 gallon tank is going to look like this:

8 rummy nose tetras
1 BN pleco (rehome from my 10 gallon)
1 angelfish
1 German blue ram
1 dwarf gourami
1 dalmation gourami (rehome from my 10 gallon)

Does this stock look/sound like a good stock?

Is there a specific order I should put these fish in?

PS: BTW I've got a aqueon quietflow 50 filter for this tank!!!
__________________

__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
FishCr8zy's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Is the Dalmatian gourami a male or female?
If its a male, keep an eye on the dwarf gourami and it. They may nip/fight each other.
I would lower the amount of fish you are going to get because it is a bit overstocked right now. Is it planted or not?
__________________

__________________
It wasnít until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people
were able to keep fish as indoor pets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post
Is the Dalmatian gourami a male or female?
If its a male, keep an eye on the dwarf gourami and it. They may nip/fight each other.
I would lower the amount of fish you are going to get because it is a bit overstocked right now. Is it planted or not?
I'm sorry dalmation Molly!!! Not gourami lol. Just 1 gourami will be in the tank!
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
FishCr8zy's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmny34 View Post

I'm sorry dalmation Molly!!! Not gourami lol. Just 1 gourami will be in the tank!
Oh oh oh. I have never heard of a Dalmatian gourami so I was wondering what it would look like. Lol. Then it should be fine.
Is it planted?
I would also lower the amount of tetras or not get the angel because some angles can get huge and will overstock your tank when fully grown.
__________________
It wasnít until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people
were able to keep fish as indoor pets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
It is planted. Would 6 tetras be better?
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post

Oh oh oh. I have never heard of a Dalmatian gourami so I was wondering what it would look like. Lol. Then it should be fine.
Is it planted?
I would also lower the amount of tetras or not get the angel because some angles can get huge and will overstock your tank when fully grown.
The angel will be dime size when I get it. I do plan on getting a 75 to 90 gallon tank in 1-2 years! How long does it take for an angel to become near fully grown?
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
FishCr8zy's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmny34 View Post
It is planted. Would 6 tetras be better?
Yes. 6 tetras will be better. I really have no clue how long it takes an angel to reach adult size. But I think I read somewhere it was somewhere around a year or so. Not sure though.
Also since its planted, the stocking list is fine because live plants will help fish not get overcrowded.
__________________
It wasnít until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people
were able to keep fish as indoor pets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Rivers2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,694
I would substitute the angel with a bottom feeder like a corry or loach that way you have a little help maintaining the bottom of the tank. Angel will get big quick from what I have read.

As far as order i would do tetras first (non territorial) gourami and ram last both can be very territorial or not at all depends on the individual fish.
__________________
Rivers2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
FishCr8zy's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers2k View Post
I would substitute the angel with a bottom feeder like a corry or loach that way you have a little help maintaining the bottom of the tank. Angel will get big quick from what I have read.

As far as order i would do tetras first (non territorial) gourami and ram last both can be very territorial or not at all depends on the individual fish.
Some angels grow quickly. Depends on diet and how fast their parents grew. If you substitute the angel with bottom feeder, get kuhli loach or Cory cat.
__________________
It wasnít until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people
were able to keep fish as indoor pets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
Ok so it sounds like I'm gonna pass on the angel and the Molly is going to go into my 30 gallon instead of the 29! So here is my stock as of now:

8 rummy nose
1 GBR
1 dwarf gourami
1 Bn Pleco

I don't want Cory's as of now! Any other suggestions on what to add??? It's a 29 gallon with a aqueon quietflow 50 filter!
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
FishCr8zy's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmny34 View Post
Ok so it sounds like I'm gonna pass on the angel and the Molly is going to go into my 30 gallon instead of the 29! So here is my stock as of now:

8 rummy nose
1 GBR
1 dwarf gourami
1 Bn Pleco

I don't want Cory's as of now! Any other suggestions on what to add??? It's a 29 gallon with a aqueon quietflow 50 filter!
Do you want more bottom, mid, or top swimmers?
__________________
It wasnít until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people
were able to keep fish as indoor pets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post

Do you want more bottom, mid, or top swimmers?
Mid and bottom.
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
I'm thinking maybe another schooling fish!!!
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
Would 5 white or black skirt tetras be fine with that stock?
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
FishCr8zy's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmny34 View Post
Would 5 white or black skirt tetras be fine with that stock?
There is a tetra called white skirt tetra? They should be fine but I would only get 3-4 because they can grow to around 2" long. I have 2 black skirts in my 20 gal and they are doing great.
Tip: if you get black skirt tetras, get ones with blacker skirt. The ones that are grey ish mean they are a lot older than the ones with black skirts.
__________________
It wasnít until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people
were able to keep fish as indoor pets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post

There is a tetra called white skirt tetra? They should be fine but I would only get 3-4 because they can grow to around 2" long. I have 2 black skirts in my 20 gal and they are doing great.
Tip: if you get black skirt tetras, get ones with blacker skirt. The ones that are grey ish mean they are a lot older than the ones with black skirts.
Yea the white skirt tetra is all white with a tint of pink! I was thinking about 3 of each!!! That would be the end of my stock.
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
FishCr8zy's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmny34 View Post

Yea the white skirt tetra is all white with a tint of pink! I was thinking about 3 of each!!! That would be the end of my stock.
That is really cool! I have never seen a white skirt tetra before. Can you send me a pic if you get them?
3 will be great.
__________________
It wasnít until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people
were able to keep fish as indoor pets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post

That is really cool! I have never seen a white skirt tetra before. Can you send me a pic if you get them?
3 will be great.
The first pic is the white skirts and the second is the genetically modified white skirts that I'm gonna get 3 of along with the black skirts!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4167372741.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	177968  
Attached Images
 
__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
FishCr8zy's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmny34 View Post

The first pic is the white skirts and the second is the genetically modified white skirts that I'm gonna get 3 of along with the black skirts!
Oh. So that's what " Glofish " are. Modified white skirts......
They look pretty cool, especially when you mix them with darker backgrounds and substrate. They will look great with black skirts.
__________________
It wasnít until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people
were able to keep fish as indoor pets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
kmny34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post

Oh. So that's what " Glofish " are. Modified white skirts......
They look pretty cool, especially when you mix them with darker backgrounds and substrate. They will look great with black skirts.
Yea what's good about them is they're not painted!! It's all done genetically!
__________________

__________________
kmny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
29 gallon, stock, stock list

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.