29 gallon final stock list!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My final stock list for my now cycled 29 gallon tank is going to look like this:

8 rummy nose tetras
1 BN pleco (rehome from my 10 gallon)
1 angelfish
1 German blue ram
1 dwarf gourami
1 dalmation gourami (rehome from my 10 gallon)

Does this stock look/sound like a good stock?

Is there a specific order I should put these fish in?

PS: BTW I've got a aqueon quietflow 50 filter for this tank!!!

Is the Dalmatian gourami a male or female?
If its a male, keep an eye on the dwarf gourami and it. They may nip/fight each other.
I would lower the amount of fish you are going to get because it is a bit overstocked right now. Is it planted or not?

Is the Dalmatian gourami a male or female?
If its a male, keep an eye on the dwarf gourami and it. They may nip/fight each other.
I would lower the amount of fish you are going to get because it is a bit overstocked right now. Is it planted or not?

I'm sorry dalmation Molly!!! Not gourami lol. Just 1 gourami will be in the tank!

I'm sorry dalmation Molly!!! Not gourami lol. Just 1 gourami will be in the tank!

Oh oh oh. I have never heard of a Dalmatian gourami so I was wondering what it would look like. Lol. Then it should be fine.
Is it planted?
I would also lower the amount of tetras or not get the angel because some angles can get huge and will overstock your tank when fully grown.

It is planted. Would 6 tetras be better?

Oh oh oh. I have never heard of a Dalmatian gourami so I was wondering what it would look like. Lol. Then it should be fine.
Is it planted?
I would also lower the amount of tetras or not get the angel because some angles can get huge and will overstock your tank when fully grown.

The angel will be dime size when I get it. I do plan on getting a 75 to 90 gallon tank in 1-2 years! How long does it take for an angel to become near fully grown?

It is planted. Would 6 tetras be better?

Yes. 6 tetras will be better. I really have no clue how long it takes an angel to reach adult size. But I think I read somewhere it was somewhere around a year or so. Not sure though.
Also since its planted, the stocking list is fine because live plants will help fish not get overcrowded.

I would substitute the angel with a bottom feeder like a corry or loach that way you have a little help maintaining the bottom of the tank. Angel will get big quick from what I have read.

As far as order i would do tetras first (non territorial) gourami and ram last both can be very territorial or not at all depends on the individual fish.

I would substitute the angel with a bottom feeder like a corry or loach that way you have a little help maintaining the bottom of the tank. Angel will get big quick from what I have read.

As far as order i would do tetras first (non territorial) gourami and ram last both can be very territorial or not at all depends on the individual fish.

Some angels grow quickly. Depends on diet and how fast their parents grew. If you substitute the angel with bottom feeder, get kuhli loach or Cory cat.

Ok so it sounds like I'm gonna pass on the angel and the Molly is going to go into my 30 gallon instead of the 29! So here is my stock as of now:

8 rummy nose
1 GBR
1 dwarf gourami
1 Bn Pleco

I don't want Cory's as of now! Any other suggestions on what to add??? It's a 29 gallon with a aqueon quietflow 50 filter!

Ok so it sounds like I'm gonna pass on the angel and the Molly is going to go into my 30 gallon instead of the 29! So here is my stock as of now:

8 rummy nose
1 GBR
1 dwarf gourami
1 Bn Pleco

I don't want Cory's as of now! Any other suggestions on what to add??? It's a 29 gallon with a aqueon quietflow 50 filter!

Do you want more bottom, mid, or top swimmers?

I'm thinking maybe another schooling fish!!!

Would 5 white or black skirt tetras be fine with that stock?

Would 5 white or black skirt tetras be fine with that stock?

There is a tetra called white skirt tetra? They should be fine but I would only get 3-4 because they can grow to around 2" long. I have 2 black skirts in my 20 gal and they are doing great.
Tip: if you get black skirt tetras, get ones with blacker skirt. The ones that are grey ish mean they are a lot older than the ones with black skirts.

There is a tetra called white skirt tetra? They should be fine but I would only get 3-4 because they can grow to around 2" long. I have 2 black skirts in my 20 gal and they are doing great.
Tip: if you get black skirt tetras, get ones with blacker skirt. The ones that are grey ish mean they are a lot older than the ones with black skirts.

Yea the white skirt tetra is all white with a tint of pink! I was thinking about 3 of each!!! That would be the end of my stock.

Yea the white skirt tetra is all white with a tint of pink! I was thinking about 3 of each!!! That would be the end of my stock.

That is really cool! I have never seen a white skirt tetra before. Can you send me a pic if you get them?
3 will be great. :)

That is really cool! I have never seen a white skirt tetra before. Can you send me a pic if you get them?
3 will be great. :)

The first pic is the white skirts and the second is the genetically modified white skirts that I'm gonna get 3 of along with the black skirts!

Attachments

• image-4167372741.jpg
    image-4167372741.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 38
  • image-3417837490.jpg
    image-3417837490.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 64
The first pic is the white skirts and the second is the genetically modified white skirts that I'm gonna get 3 of along with the black skirts!

Oh. So that's what " Glofish " are. Modified white skirts......
They look pretty cool, especially when you mix them with darker backgrounds and substrate. They will look great with black skirts.

Oh. So that's what " Glofish " are. Modified white skirts......
They look pretty cool, especially when you mix them with darker backgrounds and substrate. They will look great with black skirts.

Yea what's good about them is they're not painted!! It's all done genetically!

Back
Top Bottom