29 Gallon Freshwater Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomekkolod

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! This is my first post on aquarium advice. I currently have a 29 gallon tank (30x12x18). I have two filters, one HOB Topfin Powerfilter 30 and the other is a sponge filter rated for 20-40 gallon tanks. My tank has been running for about 3 weeks and all my parameters are in order (0 ammonia, 0 nitrates, 0 nitrites). As of now I have 2 Balloon Mollies (both female), 5 guppies (2 male, 3 female), 2 Dwarf Gouramis (both male but very peaceful towards eachother and other tankmates), 6 neon tetras and 5 ghost shrimp. The tank has 6 live plants (mexican oak, two green cabombas, one potted aquatic plant, one moneywort and one scarlett temple). Everything is growing nicely (I use Seachem Flourish twice a week). I was wondering if my tank stocking is good? I wanted to add 6 more neon tetras to make a larger school. Can I do this? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Is your tank cycled? With that many fish and that much filtration your stocking is fine. The guppies will probably fill the rest of your tank.
Maybe add a few more plants/hiding spots in case one of the fish decides to become aggressive.

Yes, I’m pretty sure the tank is cycled. Ammonia, Nitrates and Nitrites are all 0 and when setting up the tank I used old filter media from my established tank.

Back
Top Bottom