29 gallon journey/journal/build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah. i go in later i also had so many snow days lol. i got a 8th grade trip thursday realy excited. im goin rock hunting right now any suggestions?

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
yeah. i go in later i also had so many snow days lol. i got a 8th grade trip thursday realy excited. im goin rock hunting right now any suggestions?

Send me the cool ones! ;) lol. I like to break them open to see what's inside. Sometimes you'll get some really beast stuff!

lol ik like cool crystals i just went in dads back yard see what i found next weekend il check the woods behind my apartment and mabye the woods near my dads

I like the biggest one! Lol, the 2nd biggest grey one looks like it might have something in it.

If you smash the rock with a hammer, remember to cover the rock with some sort of fabric (I used one of those reusable grocery bags), and wear eye protection just in case.

Hmm... On a more on topic note... I'm kinda glad I have all this stuff growing! This way my cleanup crew get a meal the second they're ready! (now I just hope none of it toxic lol... I found all this stuff outside/home depot!)

6 orange laser cories, a starlight bristlenose pleco, 3 nerite snails, and 5 ghost shrimp. I was thinking one nerite per 10 gallons of water, so there's less competition for food, then the shrimp will help pick up whatever the nerites and pleco leave behind, along with helping the cories clean the access food off the bottom. My goal is to keep this tank spotless!!! Oh ya, and for food... I'm using algae wafers 3 times a week, and blanched zucchini 4 times a week. What's a good brand of algae wafer? (preferably one that can be found at petco/mart?

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
im not sure on brand but im sure any mid quality will do because your also suplemting with fresh vegies

Cool, I already have some hikari algae wafers that I Thought cories required (newbie mistake lol) that haven't expired yet. How are those?

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
i used those when i had an SAE all my fish ate them

Cool. Ok, mom says that she'll take me to petsmart this week! Buying anarchis, java fern, hopefully java moss and... Well I'll see what they've got lol. Anybody got some good low light plant suggestions that are common enough to be found at petsmart?

you pretty much got the basic ones iknow mine has listed. can you post pic of java moss mine has "java fern" and im not sure if its even aquatic or low light for tht matter

Java fern and java moss:

Attachments

• image-2685248785.jpg
    image-2685248785.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1464453735.jpg
    image-1464453735.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 77
nope deff not java fern its fasly labled not even aquatic prob. next time i go i need to get anacharis and some java something moss or fern what ever they have

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
nope deff not java fern its fasly labled not even aquatic prob. next time i go i need to get anacharis and some java something moss or fern what ever they have

Yikes... You'd better get thar junk outta there then lol. What does it look like for grins?

Back
Top Bottom