29 gallon journey/journal/build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol i never actually bought it because i had my dobuts so i saved my self there my tank is extremly bare i had tons of anacharis but it died because i had incans then didnt know jack squat about plants and lights before

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
lol i never actually bought it because i had my dobuts so i saved my self there my tank is extremly bare i had tons of anacharis but it died because i had incans then didnt know jack squat about plants and lights before

Ah. I'm trying my best right now!!! My poor anubias nana plant is bearing with me lol. I know I have 30 in. fluorescents... but that's about it.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
mines wonderful lush green under a 15w cfl 4100k
Really? Weird. Mine is green still, but some leaves are turning a bit brown. I'm hoping it'll perk up, but I guess I need to give it a while to settle in. Its only been in there for a week.

mine even had 2 little leaflits i lost 3 leaves they turnes brown and died then agian i forgot to turn lights on for three weeks

lol i had mid terms to study for i totally forgot about my fw tank i pwcd and everything just i forgot the dang light oops lol

Just partially bury it..let the top of it stick out a little. I have had great luck with pennywort and banana plant and think they are great starter plants..I find them at petco so maybe they will be avail. at petsmart too.

Hikari algae wafers will be great for your pleco. I only feed hikari or NLS wafers.

siva said:
Just partially bury it..let the top of it stick out a little. I have had great luck with pennywort and banana plant and think they are great starter plants..I find them at petco so maybe they will be avail. at petsmart too.

Hikari algae wafers will be great for your pleco. I only feed hikari or NLS wafers.

Cool! So I didn't mess up that bad as a rookie after all lol. Hmm... I'm thinking I may be planning to feed my cuc too much. Lol. Maybe zucchini 3 times a week, and algae wafers 2 days a week. Any suggestions?

Cool, I already have some hikari algae wafers that I Thought cories required (newbie mistake lol) that haven't expired yet. How are those?
What do they need? Before I make a newbie mistake. I will be getting mine soon. I was planing to do a combo of small pellets and wafers.

Sarasein said:
What do they need? Before I make a newbie mistake. I will be getting mine soon. I was planing to do a combo of small pellets and wafers.

A combo of pellets and wafers, along with zucchini and the food you feed the rest of your fish that falls to the bottom.

Great. That is what I was planning to feed them. Well, everyone will get pellets and then get the wafers for them and the bristlenose.

Cool! So I didn't mess up that bad as a rookie after all lol. Hmm... I'm thinking I may be planning to feed my cuc too much. Lol. Maybe zucchini 3 times a week, and algae wafers 2 days a week. Any suggestions?

I think that sounds great. I like to offer my plecos and cories supplements almost daily as well. I think you'll find your BN will keep your tank so clean, you'll worry if you don't provide him extra. And if not overfeeding, 6 grown orange lasers won't be able to scavenge enough just from everyones leftovers IMO. :)

siva said:
I think that sounds great. I like to offer my plecos and cories supplements almost daily as well. I think you'll find your BN will keep your tank so clean, you'll worry if you don't provide him extra. And if not overfeeding, 6 grown orange lasers won't be able to scavenge enough just from everyones leftovers IMO. :)

Ya, I had a feeling that'd be a problem lol. I'll also drop in a shrimp pellet or two for them once a week just to make sure. Lol. Does anybody know if the starlight bristlenose plecs do any better or worse at cleaning then the regular BN's? I'm getting a starlight either way lol, I was just curious.

And just a note... That algae is back again on the driftwood :p I think it's fine, I'll just hope the cuc likes it lol. If not, it's pretty easy to clean myself.

Wahoo! I hit the nitrite spike!!!
Ammonia: 1
Nitrite: off the chart
Nitrate: 30

Should I dose back up, and how big of a water change should I do?

Homedog98 said:
Ok, just read jason's profile on the kribensis, and it managed to change my mind. New stocking Is as follows:
6 black skirt tetras
6 zebra danios
4 orange laser corys
1 male kribensis
1 keyhole cichlid
Anyone got any tips on the kribensis's care?
. Thanx for the tips

Ok, got some more plants. Anarchis and a Pygmy chain sword. The 2nd one was a partially educated impulse buy lol. They didn't have java fern, and the java moss was only in a 5x5 inch square board, which means I'm back to petsmart again lol. Will the sword do alright for now?

Back
Top Bottom