29 gallon journey/journal/build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homedog98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, since this seems to be the most popular thing to do when starting a new tank and looking for feedback, I'm gonna just kind of update, and post any questions, pics, or notes from time to time on my 29 gallon that I'm gonna be starting this summer. Right now this is my stocking plan. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

6 black skirt tetras
6 zebra danios
4 orange laser cories
1-2 Bolivian rams
1 keyhole cichlid
1 rubberlip or bristlenose pleco

It's gonna be a natural setup with Mopani driftwood, possibly some VERY lowlight plants, and a 55 gallon aqueon quietflow filter on it. Has anybody had success with the Bolivian pair combo?

Ok, just read jason's profile on the kribensis, and it managed to change my mind. New stocking Is as follows:
6 black skirt tetras
6 zebra danios
4 orange laser corys
1 male kribensis
1 keyhole cichlid
Anyone got any tips on the kribensis's care?

So happy! Just sold our house, so the new tank is goin in in more like a month! Time to start saving! (and packing!!!) also, changed my mind again, and went back to rams. Which one do you guys prefer?

Geez... Harsh crowd. Whatever. Shopping for a house now. Planning on getting an aquaclear filter, as they seem highly recommended.

This is going to be so cool. You should definitely do the plants! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Bettababe1011 said:
This is going to be so cool. You should definitely do the plants! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Thanks! I'm thinking some java moss, and some anubias nana at this point... But I still don't get the whole lighting situation.

Homedog98 said:
Thanks! I'm thinking some java moss, and some anubias nana at this point... But I still don't get the whole lighting situation.

Yeah. Also, the aquaclear is a good filter to use. I use an aquatech, but people don't usually recommend them.

Ya, I like that you can use a bunch of different cartridges. That hopefully will help with cycling, and general maintenance.

U dont need anything for java moss they grow great in any water and any kind of light

So, after comparing prices, I'm still looking for a good heater... What do you guys recommend?

xfactor6699 said:
I've got an elite free floating fully submersible its awesome

Great! How much was it? I don't mind paying for quality, but I don't want to get ripped off either...

xfactor6699 said:
It was $24 its the 300 watt

Perfect! I'll definitely look into that one. And now for yet another question... I know I'm getting the aquaclear, and was planning on getting a filter rated for a 75 gallon... But would that agitate the water surface too much for my stocking to handle? There was also a 50 gallon... But I heard the more the better... Any ideas?

I have the aqua clear 70 and it has a speed setting so that would be good for u

xfactor6699 said:
I have the aqua clear 70 and it has a speed setting so that would be good for u

Really? That's perfect! Also... Does anyone have a good fixture they use for growing anubias nana? I really don't want to do DIY (all the #'s make my eyes cross) so I just need a good link to a specific fixture. Sorry for all the questions...

Got a 70 on my 29 too. I just put it on the lowest flow and everyone seems to enjoy the low current.

itsgracia said:
Got a 70 on my 29 too. I just put it on the lowest flow and everyone seems to enjoy the low current.

Great! Glad to hear it's got good reviews!

Back
Top Bottom