29 gallon planted feedback? (:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaBuddyHuddie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Flora: Amazon Sword, Water Wisteria, Christmas Moss (currently tied down to driftwood as shown in pics), and an unknown plant. (help?)

Fauna: 1 red delta guppy (male), 1 black Molly (female), 2 platies that are going to the LFS Thursday, 6 longfinned gold zebra danios, cherry shrimp colony 12+, 2 regular male endlers and 1 male cobra endlers.

I plan on getting another piece of driftwood and a black Moscow male guppy Thursday. Eventually, I plan on getting a pair of swordtails and a bristlenosed albino pleco. (had one that passed)
Oh and also Thursday I'll be getting some Singapore flower shrimp. If I can ever get a hold of some micro crabs and amano shrimp, they'll also be added.

But basically, I'm at a loss. I don't know what really to do. I'm wanting some suggestions.

Lighting is a fluorescent Marineland T8 18w strip.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Please help a fellow aquarist out.

Attachments

• image-3502727167.jpg
    image-3502727167.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2387025171.jpg
    image-2387025171.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 85
  • image-647083644.jpg
    image-647083644.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3946566025.jpg
    image-3946566025.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image-4089919922.jpg
    image-4089919922.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2062158888.jpg
    image-2062158888.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 95
  • image-3642700393.jpg
    image-3642700393.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3399381047.jpg
    image-3399381047.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 101
  • image-3838807141.jpg
    image-3838807141.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 94
Filtration is a TopFin 30. Substrate is Flourite capped with play sand. 30% water changes weekly gravel vacuum as needed.

Looks good! The only negative i have is that RCS do better in their own tank, without predators to eat them. It could work if you add a wad of java moss or floating hornwort for them to hide in, it would also help hide the livebearer fry.

Bubbles0oO said:
Looks good! The only negative i have is that RCS do better in their own tank, without predators to eat them. It could work if you add a wad of java moss or floating hornwort for them to hide in, it would also help hide the livebearer fry.

They mainly stay under the driftwood. The other fish have never pestered them at all. Java moss is sketchy to me because when I've seen it in tanks at my LFS it just doesn't look that good. And I have Christmas moss.

Ah ok, christmas moss works just as well as java, my bad, but good luck! Sounds good!

Do you have any suggestions other than the shrimp? How does my stock sound? I was thinking about celestial danios. School of 6 maybe.

YaBuddyHuddie said:
Flora: Amazon Sword, Water Wisteria, Christmas Moss (currently tied down to driftwood as shown in pics), and an unknown plant. (help?)

Fauna: 1 red delta guppy (male), 1 black Molly (female), 2 platies that are going to the LFS Thursday, 6 longfinned gold zebra danios, cherry shrimp colony 12+, 2 regular male endlers and 1 male cobra endlers.

I plan on getting another piece of driftwood and a black Moscow male guppy Thursday. Eventually, I plan on getting a pair of swordtails and a bristlenosed albino pleco. (had one that passed)
Oh and also Thursday I'll be getting some Singapore flower shrimp. If I can ever get a hold of some micro crabs and amano shrimp, they'll also be added.

But basically, I'm at a loss. I don't know what really to do. I'm wanting some suggestions.

Lighting is a fluorescent Marineland T8 18w strip.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Please help a fellow aquarist out.

Alrighty onto the other stock then!

With this stock i see that you have all males, is your intention. To just get the beautiful looks? I would be careful with that, if a less dominant male trys to do something outside of the pecking order he could get beat up.

When you say a pair of swordtails do you mean two males? Or a male and a female.

The swordtail pair is male/female, but the guppies are two males. All 3 endlers are also males. The guppy I have has been very social thus far and never bothered any other fish. Oh and the molly is female.

YaBuddyHuddie said:
The swordtail pair is male/female, but the guppies are two males. All 3 endlers are also males. The guppy I have has been very social thus far and never bothered any other fish. Oh and the molly is female.

Alright, just to warn you the male female swordtail paor may not work out so well. The male could try to breed her all the time, and without the other females around to keep him busy he may stress her to death. The suggested ratio for male to female is 1:3 if your trying to breed them

Not trying to breed. These two just come as a pair from liveaquaria. Do you think my stock would be okay other than the swordtail pair? I'm worried about the corries bioload.

Attachments

• image-1741844521.jpg
    image-1741844521.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 73
Bubbles0oO said:
Alright, just to warn you the male female swordtail paor may not work out so well. The male could try to breed her all the time, and without the other females around to keep him busy he may stress her to death. The suggested ratio for male to female is 1:3 if your trying to breed them

Disregard my comment about the corries. That's another forum I posted.

I think your stocking is fine, but i would keep an eye on the female swordtail, incase she looks stressed or has clamped fins.

Looks good!! Are you going to add more plants?? If you are I could possibly help ya out here in a week or two a whole lot cheaper then the lfs;) also your stock sounds good I would just watch the female as stated above. They are a gorgeous pair!!

hcourts said:
Looks good!! Are you going to add more plants?? If you are I could possibly help ya out here in a week or two a whole lot cheaper then the lfs;) also your stock sounds good I would just watch the female as stated above. They are a gorgeous pair!!

What kind of plants?

bud29 said:
I think some nice plants would be some Java Ferns, Crypts, or Anubias. Those would work well.

Not sure what crypts are but the other two are very likely.

They are short for cryptocornes, which is another type of low-light plant. One of the most popular crypts is Crypt Wendtii, which has three color variants: Green, Bronze or Brown, and Red.

Back
Top Bottom