29 gallon planted ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhaynes01

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am getting a 29 gallon eclipse used for a real good price

and i want to start a planted tank well mainly my mom does (she is a garderner and grew up on a farm ) SHE LOVES PLANTS!!!!!!!!!

so i was wondering how many watts pergallon do i need ,are there any special substate, and finally any chemical or fertilzer that will aid int he plants reamaing healthy

thank you

also PM me if there are any specifis plants and fish you recommend

TIA

Corvus hit the nail on the head.

Get a basic understanding of water para's and the water cycle. You, your plants and fish will be thankful in the long run.

BTW, I had houseplants for over ten years before starting my first planted tank. If you enjoy houseplants, your going to love aquatic plants. Aquatics are just as enjoyable. Not to mention a different challenge from houseplants.

Do your homework and you should do fine :D

we can't pm you without knowing what kind of lighting you have and whether or not you plan on using co2... read the article first, search around the web, then come back and ask questions

Also, an Eclipse tank is REALLY gonna limit you on lighting options. THeir 'all in one' hood is somewhat difficult to retrofit from what I've heard.

You may want to start with low-light plants, and get a feel for this whole 'planted tank' thing before you spend $80 on lighting.

Back
Top Bottom