29 Gallon Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kel996

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! Im re-doing the stock with my 29 gallon planted aquarium. Before I stock my tanks, I go to aqadvisor and see how much I can stock my tank seeing as aqadvisor is pretty conservative I consider it pretty reliable. So I'm thinking about stocking my tank with Tiger Barbs. I put into aqadvisor my aquarium dimensions, filtration, and potential stock:

12 Tiger Barbs
4 Dwarf Chain Loaches
Marineland Penguin 350b HOB filter

I was suspecting aqadvisor to give me over a 100% stock level, but to my surprise it put me at 86%. Is this a reliable calculation? Would that be overstocking?

I would look more at the recommended water change schedule Aqadvisor gives, rather than %s. If it says 50% or less weekly water changes then you can manage it from a bioload PoV.

To me your stock looks fullish once everything is fully grown.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

12 tiger barbs in a 30 inch tank is pushing it. They would probably be alright but a 3 foot tank would be better for them.

Loaches do best in groups of 6 or more. They have a pecking order so try to buy them all when you get them. Don't buy 1 or 2 and then get more a few weeks later because they might fight.

Back
Top Bottom