29 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettasalltheway23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Want to evantually pick up a cheap 29 gallon on sale for 49.99 that's including the filter, heater and the hood. Although I'll probably replace that with a TH50 for plants. But anywho I'd like some ideas from everyone, anything will work as long as a it will get along with a male betta. I like rams, small schooling fish, and colorful fish. Hope the sale stays! Thanks everyone!

I personally think that you will have Many other options if you removed the betta :)

I'd really like to keep the betta, to me a tanks not a tank without a betta. Besides, I've kept my betta successfully with German blue rams, angelfish, Mollies, guppies etc.

Every fish has a different temperament. So you could end up with an aggressive ram and a passive betta, or a aggressive betta and passive rams. You need to be careful what schooling fish you choose because some will nip the betta. Along with dwarf cichlids. Because if they breed and the betta goes in their territory, he won't be fast enough to move out the way.

Ok let's,hypothetically, remove the betta. I have a 29 myself, here's my stocking: a male Bolivian ram, 2 sterbal Cory cats, 4 julli Cory cats, 7-8 kuhle loaches, 7 black skirt tetras, 6 neon tetras. Also have ghost shrimp, mts and assassin snails. In a 10 gallon I have a blue male crown tail betta. Due to his reputation as an expert killer, he's kept alone.

Ok let's,hypothetically, remove the betta. I have a 29 myself, here's my stocking: a male Bolivian ram, 2 sterbal Cory cats, 4 julli Cory cats, 7-8 kuhle loaches, 7 black skirt tetras, 6 neon tetras. Also have ghost shrimp, mts and assassin snails. In a 10 gallon I have a blue male crown tail betta. Due to his reputation as an expert killer, he's kept alone.

I have 2 bettas in community tanks with angelfish and rams, so basically I'm saying, a betta is a must for me. And I've known countless people that babe done the same successfully, I'm not gone do it without the betta.

I have 2 bettas in community tanks with angelfish and rams, so basically I'm saying, a betta is a must for me. And I've known countless people that babe done the same successfully, I'm not gone do it without the betta.

I know many ,ore people who have had issues with bettas and communities :)

Every fish has a different temperament. So you could end up with an aggressive ram and a passive betta, or a aggressive betta and passive rams. You need to be careful what schooling fish you choose because some will nip the betta. Along with dwarf cichlids. Because if they breed and the betta goes in their territory, he won't be fast enough to move out the way.

I won't do pairs, at least not male and female. Let's say if the rams are chill as well as the betta, would this stocking arrangement work?

2 male German blue rams
1 male betta
7 harlequin rasboras
3 swordtails 2/f 1/m
3 Otto cats

I won't do pairs, at least not male and female. Let's say if the rams are chill as well as the betta, would this stocking arrangement work?

2 male German blue rams
1 male betta
7 harlequin rasboras
3 swordtails 2/f 1/m
3 Otto cats

If it was my tank, I'd be leery of having 2 male gbrs in a 29. The footprint,IMO, has the length, but not the width for 2 males to establish sizable territories. If you do get 2 males, be sure to have plenty of breakups and hide a ways.

If it was my tank, I'd be leery of having 2 male gbrs in a 29. The footprint,IMO, has the length, but not the width for 2 males to establish sizable territories. If you do get 2 males, be sure to have plenty of breakups and hide a ways.

I'd be a long, and heavily planted with a rock formation or driftwood in the center

Back
Top Bottom