29 Gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mt.everett

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have 3 mollies in a 10 gallon, I’m going to move them to a 29 gallon tall tank. Can I keep 1 angelfish with the 3 mollies in the 29 gallon?

From a bioload persective, yes its fine to keep 3 mollys and 1 angelfish in a 29g tank.

Keeping a single angelfish? A pair would be better. Again from a bioload persective thats ok too.

Do you have your 29g yet? Is it cycled?

I would not put a pair of angels in a community 29. I had one large male angel in a 29 and i eventually had to let him go just because he was too big for the tank. Can it be done yes; but a 29 is not a lot of room esp if it has moderately planting. This is the 29 for which i feel is too small for a large male angel (btw the angel was a temporary rehome from my 120 but since the female would never let him back into the 120 and the 29 was too small for a full time home....). A smaller female would probably be ok in a 29 but in all honestly i would recommend a pair of borelli apistogramma over an angel (completely different fish but i think you would be happy with the borelli).

Attachments

• 29w_jul_28_2021.jpg
    29w_jul_28_2021.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom