29 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcompton1973

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok, I have a 29 gallon that is pretty well cycled. right now there are a few danios and 2 male guppies saved from my daughters tank because it was not cycled yet.

I have the typical pet store set up...lol. natural color rocks, one big rock with a cave, and 5 plastic plants. I would like to get real plants, but I dont know how advanced I want to be yet.

So were thinking about stocking ideas.

My wife's first thought was a couple of Angel fish and some friends...but given the size the will get...and some agressiveness issues we are thinking maybe no. I would not mind getting a 55 gallon sometime but I dont know when.

She says she wants the tank to look like we are looking in on the river. She doesnt want a zillion tiny fish. Something with some interest to it. I just dont want a tank that looks empty.

Any thoughts or ideas and opinions?

I think that a single Angel could be fine in your tank to be the "Main" fish, also I will suggest some corys, like 5 or 6, and 2 groups of tetras, there are many different types of tetras to chose from.

She doesnt like corys AT ALL...lol. Dont ask me why...I dont ask why...I just accept it.

A pair of rainbow cichlids or keyhole cichlids would be a good option. You would then be able to add a small shoal of tetras as dithers and maybe a BN pleco or two.

If she would be ok with small fish with big personality you could do a pair of rams or apistos. Then you could also include a small shoal of hatchets and a small shoal of tetras to fill the middle and top portions of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom